No family wants to hear the ominous words, "Dad has cancer," but this is exactly what we heard this month. Our Dad has always been a hardworking man who has worked for The Arlington Independent School District for 35 years. He has the biggest heart and has always done everything in his power to help his wife, kids, grandkids, friends, even if it took his last dollar. Now Ronnie(Daddy to us) is the one in need of our help.
In July of this year (2018) he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Doctor Buchanan removed the primary tumor and the biopsy revealed that it is Seminoma, which is less aggressive and more treatable. The CT scan, however, has spotted a larger tumor in his groin. Because of its size and location, itis inoperable and will require chemotherapy or radiation, but he won't know until he sees an oncologist.
Unfortunately, he doesn't have medical insurance and is having to pay out of pocket for everything. This will be the most difficult challenge of our Dad's life. He was forced to take an unpaid medical leave of absence from his job, so our mom's retail job is their only income. They both are very private people and never like to ask for help, so Ronnie's Redneck Warriors are calling on YOU to help our Dad, Paw Paw, Father-in-law, and friend kick cancer's ass!
Here's how you can help.
1. Pray for strength to fight and complete healing of his cancer.
2. Give what you can to this gofundme page to help make ends meet and pay for his doctor's bills and cancer treatment.
3. If you are local you can also help with grocery and gas gift cards, non-perishable food items, and personal/toiletry items, etc... (Contact Christina for information on getting those items to our parents.
4. Send Ronnie cards, notes and other words of encouragement as he
fights this battle. Contact Christina on how to send those to him.
DonationsSee top donations
- Ana and Abraham Gutierrez
- Anna Gutierrez
- ABC;s For PawPaw
- Offline Donation
- Haircut Fundraiser