On Tuesday 31st October a fire broke out at Rod and Juli's Rouse Hill home (The Ponds). Fortunately their eldest daughter (16) and mother Juli had left for the morning. The youngest three were taken to hospital with smoke inhalation and are home and ok. Unfortunately Rod suffered severe smoke inhalation, burns to his hands and face and scratches to his eye lenses, which at this stage restricts him from opening his eyes. Prognosis is good but he has currently been in ICU since Tuesday.
The lower floor of the house has to be completely rebuilt and the top floor has major smoke damage. The house was fully insured BUT the contents are not covered. Family are helping as much as possible but just replacing the contents is costly and something they could use some help with.
Anyone that knows Rod and Juli know they would be the first to help any of their friends or family in the same situation, so we are hoping their friends and family would like to do the same.
We are aiming for $20,000-$30,000 to get them back on their feet in a rental property, but any amount would be appreciated.
It was our idea as a family to set up this page for Rod, Juli and the kids, they wouldn't want to ask for help but alot of people have reached out wanting to, and at this stage money would be the biggest help.
Sarah and Lynne thanking you in advance. xx
DonationsSee top donations
- Lisa Ndeira
- Melody Concepcion
- Loan Market Richmond
- Kellie Stancic
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more