Main fundraiser photo


Donation protected
On March 1st 2019 my 2 year old daughter Karyah was admitted to st Francis hospital because she had been throwing up for months str8 after 3 dr visits I finally convinced them to take a closer look at her. That night around 11pm 2 doctors came back in our room and told us she had a large mass on her brain stem my heart dropped. That morning they came in to discuss a plan for her.the next morning a draining  tube was placed in her head to relieve all the pressure on her brain. At that point we discussed surgery we decided that she would go into surgery that Wednesday match 6. The day my daughter went into surgery I did nt think I would be here. During surgery my daughter suffered a brain bleed and swelling  so that had to stop. The doctor was only able to get 40% of the tumer out. After her surgery the dr explained to us what happed and told us he wasn’t sure if she would even wake up We lost it but by the grace of god by the time she made of from recover she was opening her eyes and moving her limbs and recovered perfectly.  That Friday st. Jude workers came to us and informed us that her tumer was a cancer called Ependymoma and it was a grade 3 but was localized to the brain which was a good thing at that time we decide that WHEN SHE RECOVERED she would do 7 weeks of chemo a 2nd surgery and radiation if needed. The next day she was doing so good on the ventilator they decided to remove it. But that night she took a turn for the worst and her lungs couldn’t support her any more. So she had to go back on the ventilator. From then on her lungs started to get worse over time. And they couldn’t understand why so they ran test again. It came back positive that she had caught some type of lung disease. So as time went on her lungs got more worse. On March 15 her carbon dioxide levels started getting to high we discovered her lungs where to sick and they couldn’t let off her c02. Which was very dangerous so they informed us that if she didn’t start getting it out she would have to go on a ecmo machine but this wasn’t good because due to her brain surgery she had a high risk of brain bleeding.  But it got to a point where it was the machine or her. Her heart had already stopped. So me and her father decided to go with the ecmo. March 21 she went on the ecmo. Things where going good her lungs began to recover but slowly. On March 29  at 9 pm we noticed the fluids draining from her head started to drain blood . She was taken to a cat scan to see if it was her brain or js something braking down from her surgery. That morning her dr informed us that she had a massive bleed and the damage was irreversible. They had to stop the ecmo to decrease any more bleeding but she couldn’t servive with out it. At that moment they TOLD US THERE WAS NOTHING MORE THEY COULD DO BUT KEEP HER COMFORTABLE TILL SHE PASSED AWAY. the hurt I can not explain this was my child. A perfectly healthy child never missed a dr visit had no medical issues b4 this. I never considered that I could be leaving that hospital with out her I still don’t understand but I don’t have time to not understand I have 2 more children that I have to be strong for. I DONT HAVE MUCH BUT I WANT TO HAVE A NICE FUNERAL FOR MY DAUGHTER SO IM ASKING IF U CAN GIVE ANYTHING I DONT MIND IF ITS 25cent ANY THING HELPS AND EVERYTHING IS APPRECIATED


  • Danielle Pate
    • $100 
    • 5 yrs


Marie Luvinmilyfe
Peoria, IL

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee