Richard Ryan - House Fire

On Wednesday, December 27th, my Father-in-Law Richard Ryan lost his home and everything in it. Thankfully, he and my nephew were able to escape - the same cannot be said of their two dogs as they hid when the fire erupted and, sadly, did not survive. Richard lived in that home for a very long time with his late wife Betty and raised his family there. Now, it's all gone. The fire was caused by a plumber's space heater that was in-place to thaw a frozen pipe. Richard lives on a very fixed income and did not carry homeowner's insurance. He is having to start over, at 84. While liability is determined it is unclear what he can expect in terms of recovery but, one thing is clear, there will be no immediate assistance.

We are trying to do everything we can to establish a new temporary living situation for him. He is disabled and, as I said, has nothing now. Anything -- literally any dollar amount -- you can afford to give would be a huge help to him.

Thank you and God bless.

Donations

 See top
  • Sonny & Sue Ryan 
    • $100 
    • 38 mos
  • Theresa Davis  
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Andrea Miner 
    • $25 
    • 39 mos
  • Rebecca Carpenter 
    • $25 
    • 39 mos
  • joseph ryan 
    • $200 
    • 39 mos
See all

Organizer

Ron Boyer 
Organizer
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more