Many of you know that I've been busy working on a clinical dance program for kids with Autism, ADHD, Sensory Integration Disorder, Down Syndrome, and other learning/behavioral challenges. I'm now at the stage of training my first wave of teachers and therapists to begin informal trials and I could use lots of help to raise the funds necessary to pay these teachers and my board of advisors so that our program can be FREE to our initial test group.
Here's a little insight into how the program will work:
• Based on my Hip Hop Made Easy curriculum that is currently offered in 2000 schools and studio around the world, the program is appealing to both boys and girls!
• Our licensed and certified dance teachers will be connected with Occupational, Physical, Speech, and Behavioral Therapists to customize a dance program that will complement the therapy & IEP goals that each child is working on.
• Our licensed and certified dance teachers will implement a one-on-one customized program to start, with the goal of eventually integrating the child into an all inclusive dance class once the child is ready.
• Our licensed and certified dance teacher will receive world class training on an ongoing basis to ensure that they are up-to-date with the latest research and techniques required for working with special populations. Our goal is to provide the teachers with the tools necessary to be successful, and for the children to have a successful and purposeful experience.
• This is more than just a dance program! My hope is to show clinical data, which supports the idea that participating in purposeful movement helps to create new neuropathways that aid in brain development and behavioral modification. Equally important is the opportunity for social interaction in an inclusive environment.
• The program is being developed with the following guiding principles: Integrity, Quality, Simplicity, Purpose
You can help to make this program the best that it can be by making a donation today! Any amount is greatly appreciated...no amount is too small or too big. If you know of anyone who loves a child with autism or similar challenges, please forward this campaign to them and help us bring this program to a location near you!
With much gratitude,
DonationsSee top donations
- Amanda E. Caballero
- renee safier
- Zoe Mailloux
- JoAnna and Chris Nicolaou
- Kathy Naquin
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more