Rescue of pups from Chambers & Nueces County, TX

Update Jan 9, 2020:  Generous donations have saved Gracie. We are now working on raising funds to save her brother and sister. That's $400 CAD per dog for boarding plus $100 per dog for transport from Nueces county.

Update Jan 8, 2020:  Gracie is in Nueces county pound, on the euthanasia list because the pound is full. Rescuing from Nueces is expensive because there are no local fosters so dogs must be boarded, plus the cost to transport to Houston where our Canada transport leaves from.  An additional $500 CAD cost per dog over the usual costs to rescue from pounds in or near Houston. Your donation will go toward saving Gracie.  All further donations will go toward rescuing her sister and brother.

Update Dec 24: Thanks to generous donations here and via etransfer and paypal, Peewee's boarding is covered.  All further donations will go toward saving the next dog in need.
Thanks so much everyone and have a very Merry Christmas!

Update Dec 23:  I finally got Roscoe, Brielle, June, Levi and Leroy to their adopters/fosters after 3 days holed up because a blizzard closed the highways. CaChing - motel cost, CaChing - gas back and forth.  And now PeeWee, who has an excellent adopter waiting in B.C., can't find a foster in Texas. The fosters there are over-capacity. PeeWee's only chance is to be boarded in Texas until transport Jan 30.  He must be out of the pound at least 2 weeks (transport quarantine).  We'll pull him from the pound Jan 14 if we have the funds for boarding.  $10/nt for 16 days = $160 USD ($213 CAD).  Please help PeeWee :(

I know, I keep changing this gofundme.  That's the nature of rescue - put one fire out and another springs up.  Save 3 dogs from euthanasia because the pound is full, then find out one has heartworm. We didn't raise enough funds to board Roscoe for fast-kill treatment, but thanks to your generous donations we have enough to treat him using slow-kill as it doesn't require boarding.  It will take a year but he'll be fine.  On to the next fire...

Willow was picked up as a stray on Dec 4 and given 3 days in the pound before euthanasia. So I pulled her and she is safe at a foster in TX. But she needs surgery for cherry eye.  There are no shortcuts or cheaper alternatives this time.  Please help her get on with a happy, pain-free life.  After surgery she will be adoptable in B.C., in late March. Her freedom ride photo is below

Note: this campaign is in Canadian dollars but most of our expenses are in US dollars. The exchange rate is about 1 USD = .75 CAD
If you don't want to use gofundme or are in the U.S. and don't want the exchange rate:
In the U.S.
In Canada etransfer to [email redacted]

If you can't donate, please share.

See my rescue page for further details. 



  • Darcy Ann Lawhead 
    • $100 
    • 6 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $65 
    • 6 mos
    • $75 
    • 7 mos
  • Gwen Hughes 
    • $25 
    • 7 mos
  • Karen Shaw 
    • $50 
    • 8 mos
See all


Lesley Chapman 
Penticton, BC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more