Hola community, friends, and family. We are excited to reopen our bookstore, art gallery, and community space Re/Arte Centro Literario at a NEW location in Boyle Heights. (Backstory: the landlady decided to evict us due to the roof caving in issue)
We are looking to sign the lease this month, and we need your help! We are ready to make a move, so we are asking for your support to make it happen. With the money we raise, we want to:
- pay initial startup costs including deposit, 1st and 2nd month's rent: $3,500
- pay and install a new hanging sign outside: $350
- purchase a patio set for the outside area: $400
- install shelves and racks: $500
- purchase new books to fill our shelves: $1,000
Your help in covering these costs will ensure that we can focus our time and energy on maintaining the health and longevity of our collective space to feature even more amazing poets, writers, and artists and continue to build.
Every bit helps. If you can give $10, we are grateful. If you can give $10,000, we are thankful. If things are tight and you have friends or family who can give, we are grateful for you passing this along to them.
Viva Padilla, Matt Sedillo, Tongo Eisen-Martin, Jimmy O'Balles (re/arte committee)