What we do:
· We select and organize trips to cities affected in order to deliver food, water and anything else that would be needed directly to families.
· We do not work with government institutions or organizations because we want to show how your donation is being delivered personally to the people in need.
How we do it:
· We select a group of people that are qualified to take the aid to the affected places.
· Group will need to be able to provide the following before disbursement of your donations
o Receipts of everything bought
o Pictures with a sign that shows the date of delivery
o Overall pictures of the entire process
· After group (usually direct friends or family) have committed to our requirements, money will be sent to Ecuador via instant bank transfer or Western Union
o Paper trail must be kept as record
· Campaign has a Google Drive account to post all pictures and receipts
o Links are posted as updates in the site
· We use social media as our main source to propagate our campaign.
o Instagram: ecuadorneedsyourhelp
o Snapchat: Coming soon!
We should all be happy to see how 6 days ago a simple idea became a reality thanks to you!
Thanks for your time and for your donations.
Below you will find the original campaign description.
My name is Andres Peña, I'm from Ecuador and currently my country is going through a tough time due to the 7.8 earthquake following many more.
Death toll is at 413 and rising. Many of the injured have only one place to go, the local hospital located in Portoviejo. Portoviejo's infrastructure is in ruins and many people, including the director of the hospital, have reached out to our family in Ecuador. After hearing heartbraking voicenotes sent to us we only are asking for your donation to help us to buy the things they need to survive. The hospital is well over capacity and don't have enough food, water or medicine to take care of all the wounded. Many of you know my family and my cousin Julio that will be taking what we can get our hands on to the hospital.
Here's the plan:
I will collect the money and sent it via Western Union to Julio Velazco in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Once he gets the money a receipt will be provided of the money transfered. He will then go the the Central Market to buy rice, pasta, baby milk, water, sugar, maicen, oil, beans and other items
If we raise enough money, I will send the remainder to Analia Proano in Quito which will be buying medicine, masks and other provisions. Receipts will be provided
My family will be delivering this aid on or by Thursday to the IESS hospital directly to the director of the Hospital (name can be provided)
Although many people are helping with donations, this is a direct way to make an impact to so many lives that are wondering where they are going to eat next.
DonationsSee top donations
- Edith Ortiz
- Brian Dingman
- Betty Grant
- Rose Riggeal
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more