For adults and seniors with both mental and physical health issues, RAMS Broderick Street Adult Residential Facility (BSARF) is a home, a supportive community and an access point for medical and psychological services. Located in the Lower Pacific Heights neighborhood, BSARF is a 33-bed long-term residential facility staffed 24/7 with a small team of passionate and dedicated nurses, counselors and support staff who provide individual and group therapy, case management and medication support.
Everywhere you look in RAMS BSARF, there are signs of how deeply the staff care about the residents. In front of the building, a janitor cultivated a peach tree from seed to share with the clients. On the bulletin boards are schedules for outings, karaoke events, pet therapy and workshops on meditation, social skills, resume writing, knitting and drama. Residents are always treated with dignity and respect; they are free to come and go as they please. RAMS BSARF is a thriving community, a tight-knit family.
Although RAMS BSARF staff go above and beyond to make sure the residents are cared for and feel valued, there is still much to be done. As our program budget allows for the critical and absolute essentials, we are inspired to raise the additional funds we need—with your help—to purchase new furniture and equipment, which are old and in dire need of replacing. The most urgent examples include:
· the roof of the van to drive residents to and from doctor appointments leaks constantly and is a patchwork of corrosion and duct tape;
· the couches and chairs where residents socialize, build community and celebrate special occasions are cracked, caved in and 12 years old;
· the industrial-sized washing machine is in dire need of replacing as it requires constant repairs;
· some residents need a new computer that is compatible with voice command software;
· wireless headphones which tend to be helpful for those with auditory hallucinations;
· to encourage healthy living for residents, the facility needs equipment for games that involve movement.
Please join RAMS to support BSARF's residents and staff. Any donation amount is appreciated, and will help RAMS BSARF reach our humble goal of $10,000. In-kind donations are also welcome. If you have any questions, please reach out to RAMS' Director of Development, Cristiana Baik at firstname.lastname@example.org.