On June 30, 2017, she faced a tragic accident. While cooking, a spark ignited the right side of her sweatshirt. The flame engulfed her entire right arm in flames. As she tried to remove the clothing, she struggled to fight off the flame as it kept reigniting— melting the fabric to her arm.
Rachelle suffered a severe 3rd degree burn covering her entire right arm and part of her neck.
She was rushed to the St. Francis Burn Center and underwent two emergency skin graft surgeries. She is currently there now and somehow still shining her light and smile through immense pain.
Rachelle recently was in transition with her health insurance. She switched to per diem for her nursing position which removed her insurance coverage. This has created a great deal of uncertainty of coverage for her medical bills.
Not including multiple surgeries, her daily overnight hospital stays are incurring fees of over $8000/day. She is expected to be there for over two weeks :( In addition, she will be out of work for at least 3 months andmost likely need 6 months to a year of physical therapy to fully recover.
Rachelle is constantly helping and giving to others without ever desiring anything in return. She would never ask for this on her own —so her loved ones are asking for her.
She needs your help.
Although most likely needing much more, We are setting a GoFundme goal of $50,000.
Times like this are constant reminder to always be grateful for your health. It is the beautiful gift we all take for granted so easily and even the most caring, generous and kind people are not immune to being affected. Slow down, be grateful, and love one another. Your health and the health of your loved ones is most important. Don’t ever forget it.
Please share and if possible provide your support.