Rachel was taken into the ER due to terrible stomach pain that she endured for several days. After a CT scan they found a blockage and they performed emergency surgery. While the surgeon was removing the blockage he found a tumor. That was taken along with other tissue samples for testing and while recovering from surgery she was given the unimaginable news of having stage 4 colon cancer.
Jamison and Rachel have asked us to share this message:
“When we first got the diagnosis, my (Jamison) project manager brain immediately raced through the financial impacts of our new life. Our close friend and pastor quickly advised that "God owns the cattle on a thousand hills". That has been our motto as we look to the future and trust God will provide what is needed. I say all that to make sure you all know: We are deeply humbled by the response of believers to meet our physical needs AND we are not worried or anxious about tomorrow. Please feel no obligation to do anything beyond prayer. God will provide all our needs.”
Their lives have always been focused on service to others and it's a drastic change for them to be on the receiving end. Rachel is very health conscious and would like to do everything naturally, but they are currently reviewing all the options available to them and a hybrid approach might be used. Please keep them in your prayers as they attempt to make these critical decisions.
These are some of the things we know they would like to immediate fund.
1. Omega Juicer VSJ843QS $400 (GIVEN - THANK YOU!)
2. Kuvings Vacuum Blender $650 (GIVEN - THANK YOU!)
3. Moss Report - 500 page report detailing all cancer treatment (US and Abroad) success rates $300 (PURCHASED)
4. Travel Expenses $2,200 (Passports $400, 1 Week Lodging & Meals $1,600, Fuel $200)
5. First Treatment on 8/29 $600
6. Sunlighten Sauna $4200 Including Tax & Shipping
Additional things that'd be nice for Rachel
- Stress Relief for Rachel (Ideas: Manicure & Pedicure $25, Massages $80, etc.)
- Calming essential oils
- Special clothing to help with her post surgery challenges $200
- Assistance with supplements TBD
- Buy Jamison a coffee, he's staying up late while researching how to save his wife ($5)
There are many unforeseen needs; for example today I was notified that they needed a larger refrigerator for all of the fresh vegetables. It looks like Vicki was able to find a nice used one in Woodland but things like this keep coming up.
Finally, if you prefer you can send the Dye's money through their church, Woodland Christian. Just be sure to designate the funds to them.
For more information and to follow their journey, checkout this website: www.racheldye.com
Thank you all for the various ways you are supporting the Dye family.
DonationsSee top donations
- Bethany Ahlberg
- Angel Wasu
- Ryan Trojanowski
- Anony mous
- Jeffrey Gengler
Fundraising team: Team Rachel (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more