Hey everyone! My name is Hayley Matson, and I wanted to start this fundraiser for my little family and I. My fiancé, Quintin, has been out of work (FedEx Freight) since July 10th 2020 due to an ongoing medical condition— Quintin has been struggling with extreme headaches/migraines that were causing many other issues such as vision problems, lack of concentration, etc. An MRI revealed that Quintin had a tumor in the center of his brain.. After some monitoring, it was determined it had no change in growth therefore they determined it was benign and no further action was needed to be besides more monitoring. About three months ago, Quintin started experiencing the same symptoms from before at an extreme level, as well as nausea, dizziness, and extreme fatigue. Through an entire week of ER visits in Lincoln and Springfield, countless IVs and IV medications, the drs. couldn’t get to the bottom of these migraines. We scheduled an appointment with Quintin’s primary doctor and saw his nurse practitioner. Quintin’s nurse practitioner said she’s never seen him so drained and out of it and took him out of all activity until further notice, wrote a prescription for medicine at night and that an MRI/new imaging be done ASAP and we were referred to Quintin’s neurologist for further answers. Quintin was taken to St. John’s in Springfield by ambulance because of a reaction of all the medicines. We had our visit with Quintin’s neurologist/neurosurgeon on 08/11/2020. We were taken into a conference room with the dr himself and a scribe. There was an MRI of Quintin’s brain done in 2018 and his most recent imaging (2020) side by side. The dr and Quintin went over the symptoms he has been experiencing as well as discussing what the most recent MRI showed. Compared to his last scan (2018 vs now) the tumor has grown in size. The tumor is close to pushing to a part of the brain beginning with a T (cannot think of it for the life of me right now) and if the tumor begins to push on that section of the brain it will cut the flow of his spinal fluid off, therefore causing fluid to build in his head, along with pushing on the part of the brain that controls eye movement... Brain surgery is now on the table. We were referred to a different neurosurgeon who has more experience with such complex cases like Quintin’s. We will be meeting with him on 08/31 to discuss his case and any options we may have. We were also referred to Quintin’s previous headache/migraine specialist and will be meeting with her on 08/21. This has been extremely difficult for all of us mentally, physically, financially and spiritually. Together we have our 5 month old son Drew and we are afraid of not being able to keep things together for him, as well as ourselves.. We have decided to try and reach out for help, we are attempting this fundraiser for help with household bills, groceries for us and Drew, as well as help for all of the medical bills. Since Quintin has been out of work he has to re-enroll for his medical benefits.. I am waiting to start a new job but my start date was pushed back due to precautionary measures in regards to COVID-19 pandemic. We are already down $7000.00 with all of the medical bills with more to come.. And that amount is with what insurance has paid. Quintin now has no insurance due to being out of work a month plus. I will be providing more updates as we move along. We appreciate the time you took to read our story, and appreciate any help.
- Grace Doolin
- Tabby McCall