Orth Home fire repairs

My mom and dad's home of more than 40 years caught fire due to an electrical mishap on June 5th. Luckily, no one was hurt and even the cat is safe. Due to issues with insurance, there is none.  The house is salvageable, but it will take a lot of time and work and expenses to do so.  My mom and dad have extremely extenuating circumstances and have no savings to repair the damage. 2 out of 3 siblings live out of state and for now the Orths are living in a hotel. They are too old to have such stress and be away from the comfort of their home. Any help will be greatly appreciated during this time of homelessness for them and their adult son Joe who also lived in the home.

Donations ()

  • Scarlett StClair 
    • $50 
    • 28 mos
  • Aggie Aicher 
    • $50 
    • 28 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 31 mos
  • Lisa Ainsworth 
    • $10 
    • 33 mos
  • Matt Barcus 
    • $100 
    • 33 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Julie Zepeda-Orth 
Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Donna Orth 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more