On September 27,2020 we had to rush Maverick to pet emergency. We thought we knew for sure he had gotten into something and it stuck. We thought worse case some X-rays and a possible surgery. The vet called and told us that maverick had tested positive for parvo. I immediately broke down sobbing knowing this is fatal for most dogs. I asked the vet if we had to put maverick down and he stated that wouldn’t be his advice rather his advice was if you can let him fight this virus. After getting off the phone I was devastated I knew we couldn’t come out of pocket the thousands it would take to help him fight. We prayed and discussed the best solution. Ultimately we decided that maverick is part of our family and we couldn’t imagine not giving him a fighting chance. Maverick had to spend the night in pet emergency and then be transferred to a day time vet who then had to transfer him back to an overnight vet. Maverick has had the best care and we are so thankful for everyone who has helped us who’s helped him. Maverick has been on fluids and antibiotics as well as blood draws to check his glucose and constant vital checks. Today he is doing a lot better than day 1 and is going to transition into home care but he might need another 1-2 days worth of day time fluids and antibiotics. The cost is well into the thousands at this point and could potentially go up from there. We realize this is our pup our choice and our financial responsibility but if it’s placed on your heart to help we would truly appreciate it. If you can’t help please just continue to send prayers and positive thoughts mavericks way. We have come out of pocket as well as applied for the care credit card. If you would rather make a payment directly to the care credit please reach out and I can get you that information. Again we appreciate all of you and thank you for continuing to keep maverick in your thoughts!
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters