- Car towing costs
- Hospital Bills- surgeries etc.
- Costs for renting a hospital bed once Armando is released to be taken care of from home
- Installation of a ramp and other adaptations to their house so that it meets Armando’s medical needs
- Construction costs to widen the door of the home that Armando will be staying in once release. The hospital bed, which Armando will be on, will not fit through the family’s current door.
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- Transportation costs of getting Armando picked up and taken to and from therapy
- At home nurse once the parents return back to work since Armando will need constant care
- Many more costs but I will add more as they come to me.
Aside from the obvious effects of this tragedy, it has effected Armando’s life and his family’s lives in many other ways as well. Armando was on the verge of getting a job offer that he really wanted, and one of his parents has taken unpaid leave from work while the other parent is also missing work to be able to be near their son at this time. Since both arms and legs are badly broken, Armando cannot do anything on his own, including but not limited to simple tasks that we often take for granted, such as being able to feed himself, walk, or even scratch an itch on his own.
Armando is so lucky to be alive and his family is extremely grateful to have him here. We are praying that he will hopefully recover completely in time. He will need to go through at least 6 surgeries and it will be at least 6.5 months before he is able to start rehabilitation to start to walk again. Although he will be in a hospital bed still and need constant care, Armando will hopefully be released to go home on Christmas Eve if everything goes well.
I know this family will appreciate any donations made to help their son. If you are unable to donate at this time, we still appreciate your thoughts and prayers! Sharing our GoFundMe link to help us with our goal would be greatly appreciated!
Below are a few links to news outlets that reported the crash. There is also a live video on ABC 7 News Chicago Facebook page.
ABC News Accident Report
Daily Herald Accident Report
DonationsSee top donations
- April Berkowski
- Lorelei Arteaga
- Carla Benson
- Lorena Hernandez
- Brianna Mulatz
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more