We're back for our Second Year!
We are CEIBA- Communities Enlivened & Interactively Building through the Arts! CEIBA is an emerging Arts Cooperative Community, located in the corazón /heart of San Antonio, Texas' Westside. Our focus is on reawakening the connection and accessibility of arts education, enrichment, and well-being training for all communities.
Our emphasis is utilizing the arts and well-being education, to bring life & enrichment, preserve culture, heal, and transform diverse personal lives & spaces. We are a collective of Teaching, Performance & Media, and Youth Artists, Specialty Training Consultants, Community Cultural Educators, Producers & Entrepreneurs. We are committed to creating, living, teaching and fostering the arts for all. The synergic fields of CEIBA are: CorARTE Cultivation (Arts Education), CAPP (Community Arts Public Programming) and COPAL (Community Organizations, Partnerships and Arts Liaisons). CEIBA's Core Current Team: Erica DeLaRosa, Clint Taylor, MidNite, Stephen A. Watters, Jr. , Marissa N. Garcia and Thomas E. McBryde. Puentes Young Artists: 2017 Cohort: Nicolas Rodriguez and Thomas McBryde. 2016 Cohort: Esmeralda Hernandez, Paola Sanchez & Madeline Ramos.
In early 2017, CEIBA's CAPP Field launched with a series of FREE Family & Community Friendly Programming which included: Creative Family Time, Creative HAPPY HOUR, Yoga Asana Para La Comunidad, The Weso Cinema Series, Team Sparta Gaming's Game Nite & ARTE Piquín: Pop Up Galerias en El Barrio. These FREE PROGRAMS are currently offered to the community through our "Mobile Community Classroom". CEIBA Facilitators & Special Guest Facilitators travel throughout San Antonio, producing FREE Community Programming & Educational Workshops with its main focus on the communities of the West, South and East sides of San Antonio. Previously, CEIBA's CAPP Programming was produced out of Sabinas Coffee House on the Westside of San Antonio.
We invite YOU to join us on an exciting venture that can only come to fruition through your support!
OUR MISSION: To RAISE $6000 for The Puentes Young Artists' Residency Program by July 7, 2017.
HOW DO WE DO THAT?
By ENGAGING our community for their help.
By EMPOWERING each member of our community to be EXTRAORDINARY; to become individuals they never thought they could be or always wanted to be.
By INSPIRING our community to join us on this journey
YOU, play a crucial role, in shifting the thought process, on what seems impossible, possible. YOUR collaboration with us in this endeavor and YOUR contributions are validation that community support can nurture any dream, with many hands and hearts involved. Plus, YOU are assisting us in making this program sustainable for future young artists from San Antonio.
The Puentes Young Artists' Residency Program is a new initiative launched by CEIBA's CorARTE Cultivation (Arts Education) Program. This one month, summer residency is designed to give young artists the experience to create, study, work and live in New York City!
1. Puentes Young Artists are bestowed the opportunity to discover, develop and strengthen their skills and talents through daily workshops/classes in diverse artistic fields, 3 times per week. Workshops/Classes include: dance, acting, playwriting, scene study, improvisation, and visual art. As well as, community building through Learning Labs with community organizations & leaders in The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island.
2. These selected young artists are teamed up with Working Artist Mentors. In this component of the program, the young artist works directly with their group mentors and collaborates with mentor to develop further knowledge in various mediums; Team collaborates with Mentor to complete a group project or volunteer work; and acquires awareness of what it is to be a 'Working Artist'.
3. Residency Participants will have the chance to witness/partake in various performances/ productions in all arts mediums. They will acquire skills & knowledge through volunteering with a NYC Community Partners, on conceiving, curating and launching Artistic Events/Projects & Public Programming.
4. Puentes Artists will begin to cultivate their own Professional Networks through participating in Artists' Salons & Studio Visitations and Community Arte 'Charlas'/ Salons (discussions/talks). The Young Artists will be given the space & encouragement to build bridges with diverse groups of community artists, performers, activists, and organizations in New York City.
5. Young Artists will learn how to use technological and social media platforms to promote themselves as artists. They will ascertain knowledge on how to read and create artist contracts. Develop and practice time management techniques and an introduction to fundraising, financial literacy and budgeting.
6. After the residency, Puentes Young Artists will be set up an internship opportunity with artists in various fields. These artists can be based anywhere in the United States. Should a young artist choose an internship that is not local, artists can be in communication with their interns via conference calls, video chats or email correspondence. These internship possibilities can help young artists build their work résumés. These internship opportunities can be up to one year of collaboration.
7. "The Wave of Continuity" is the final step of this program. Upon their return back home, Puentes Young Artists, will organize and produce a series of, FREE and Sliding-Scale Donation, Community Events and/or Arts Workshops open to youth and the entire public. This Public Programming is an opportunity for Puentes Young Artists and CEIBA Facilitators, to contribute back to our city, who generously invested in them.
We plan to do this by: creating accessibility to Arts Education in our communities for youth, families and individuals; sharing collective residency experiences & newly gained knowledge while working in New York City; and practicing and implementing new creative methods to build, engage and empower our communities.
The Puentes Young Artists' Residency Participant is: Thomas E. McBryde (18). This San Antonio Young Artist from Schertz and has co-produced creative programming on the Westside, through the mentorship and partnership of CEIBA. Thomas will embark on an once-in-a lifetime, pioneering adventure, this July 10, 2017.
This year, CEIBA is happy to support Teaching/Working Artist Professional Training to Clint Taylor. Mr. Taylor is a Teaching & Theater Artist. He is a Company Member of Jump-Start Performance Co. in San Antonio and has been involved in teatro since his adolescent years. Clint is a Teaching Artist with Jump-Start and Gemini Ink organizations in San Antonio. CEIBA is proud to extend this opportunity to our local, San Antonio Artists, as means of supporting, nurturing and furthering the arts and our artists of our city. CEIBA Facilitators, Erica R. DeLaRosa and Clint Taylor , are local Westside Community & Teaching Artists and Cultural Producers from San Antonio, will accompany this young artist on the duration of their residency, as their support systems and chaperones.
The monies raised from your generous contributions are intended to pay for this three-weeks residency and living expenses for One Young San Antonio Artist & One San Antonio Teaching/Working Artist in New York City and partial expenses for 1 CEIBA/PUENTES Facilitator who will chaperone and support the young artist & adult Teaching Artist on the duration of their residency. We wish to be transparent with, You, our community funders. The budget below highlights areas where your donations will be directly applied to.
*Round-trip FLIGHT ($380 x3) $1146
*HOUSING/2bdrm Furnished Apt. Rental
for 4(includes ultilities) ($400x3) $1200
*FOOD ($300x3) $900
*NYC Public TRANSPORTATION ($150X3) $450
*Arts WORKSHOPS/CLASSES ($600x2) $1200
*Cultural Curriculum ($400x3) $1200
We, at CEIBA, know that in creating BIG DREAMS, to make them a reality, it takes work. It takes committment from ourselves, our families and our support systems to ensure this program 'be born' into actuality. Most importantly, we are establishing the foundation for this this program to thrive and flourish for future young artists. We are operating to bring and live out the dreams of all of our families, friends, and communities. It is through this achievement that our dreams concentrically, breathe into existence, the dreams of an entire community.
On behalf of all of us, at CEIBA and The Puentes Young Artists and our families, we appreciate your consideration to contribute towards our cause.
Thank you for being a witness to our collective dream!
Erica, Clint, & Thomas
- Judith Sloan
- Odilia Rodriguez
- Stacy Ozment
- Willie BoBo
- ESP .
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more