The Twitch channel.
At 2:00pm Eastern Standard Time (6:00pm UTC) on October 7th, 2017, two friends will begin a marathon session of (another) one of the most brutally difficult, but profoundly beautiful, video games ever made: Bloodborne.
For the past several years, we have participated in charity events to raise money to help with humanity’s fight against cancer. In recent years, we raised money for the American Cancer Society via previous livestreams and by participating in the Relay For Life, a 24-hour relay walk.
This year, we are once again streaming to benefit the Cancer Research Institute. The CRI is a non-profit organization that funds cancer research, particularly in the field of immunotherapy. Founded in 1953, we picked the CRI because of a couple reasons, including their more global scale (since we all can benefit from medical research), but more importantly because over 85% of their funds go to programs. If you’re interested in getting some statistics on them, I would suggest checking their page on CharityNavigator.
Previous funds raised:
We’re very excited to try to break $1000 this year and we’re hopeful that the upward trend of donations will continue. We’re both grateful and inspired by the amount of support that has come to these events.
This year, we’re very excited to :
1. We’re playing Bloodborne. No easy feat in itself.
2. We’re playing with a password! Yay, no more frustrating leveling with us. That is to say, using a password means that anybody, no matter what BL can be summoned by us. Now that’s convenient! The password will be displayed on the bottom of the screen when we livestream.
3. Special guests! Here's what we have so far:
Eastern Daylight Time (EDT, USA)
10/7, 04:00 PM: JustGravelordThings (Niles)
10/7, 08:00 PM: Silver Mont (Alex)
10/8, 02:00 AM: Mitch L
10/8, 03:00 AM: GrandArchives
10/8, 08:00 AM: Jeremy Greer
10/8, 09:00 AM: Trey
10/8, 10:00 AM: Eggimations
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
10/7, 08:00 PM: JustGravelordThings (Niles)
10/8, 12:00 AM: Silver Mont (Alex)
10/8, 06:00 AM: Mitch L
10/8, 07:00 AM: GrandArchives
10/8, 12:00 PM: Jeremy Greer
10/8, 01:00 PM: Trey
10/8, 02:00 PM: Eggimations
4. The pun count returns! Our goal is to make 200 extremely lousy puns again this year. Why? Because we want everyone to feel inspired to PUNish us with the....
5. .... CHALLENGES! Any viewer who donates $10 or more: you can issue a game-related challenge to us, and we have to abide by it at least until the death of the chosen boss.
(DISCLAIMER: "Game-related" means something that is done within the game. We will not accept challenges that involve things like being blindfolded, as those challenges make it unlikely for us to progress and ruin the spirit of the fundraiser. We will consider other hindrances, such as playing with different peripherals, or playing one-handed, but these will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We obviously reserve the right to call any challenge unreasonable and offer you a chance to issue a better one, but we’ll try not to do that—so far we have only refused literally impossible ones, like killing Soul of Cinder with only parries)
Some previous difficult challenges we completed:
1. We killed Velstadt with a (poisoned) ladle in 2014
2. We killed Fume Knight with the Puzzling Stone Sword ballerina twirl in 2015, and we killed Sinh with a ladle in a followup video
3. Lots of tough ones in Dark Souls III: kill Gundyr with parries and a “Soldering Iron”, kill Nameless King in Ornstein & Smough cosplay, and kill Soul of Cinder with a whip
$10 - You pick a challenge, we the players pick the location and/or boss.
$20 - You pick a challenge AND the location/boss
$30 - You pick TWO challenges AND the location(s)/boss(es)
Please leave the challenge as a comment!
Here is a video playlist of the highlights from last year’s event.
Bosses and locations should err on the side of only the ones required for the main quest, but we're confident that we will beat most if not all the bosses, even the optional ones. Bloodborne is a big game even though it’s pretty easy to rush through and beat the game in like 4 hours. Our goal is to complete everything and kill every boss, but a rough sketch of our completion goals, in order of priority:
1. Beat the main quest
2. Beat the DLC quest
3. Kill all bosses
4. Beat all the Chalice Dungeons
We encourage you to tell your friends and family, donate, and get involved in cancer charities of all stripes. We can't wait to get started. Bloodborne: Prepare to Destroy Cancer Edition.
- Andrew Conners
- Trixie Vazquez
- Julia Whitney
- Grampy and Grammy Dysart
- Hunter H
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more