Please help Peep get the treatments she needs

43580734_1574399206320331_r.jpeg43580734_1574399221745919_r.jpeg43580734_1574399242573846_r.jpeg43580734_1574397692756160_r.jpeg43580734_1574397720204697_r.jpeg43580734_1574397768310115_r.jpegHello everyone, I am not the type of person to usually do this type of thing but I really would like to get some help and receive support regarding the issues that are going on with my baby... I got my girl a month ago and she was healthy and playful. Two weeks ago I took her to the vet because we thought she had an upper respiratory infection. The antibiotics helped and then as soon as they were finished she got worse. Wheezing, trouble swallowing it seems, blood in her snot, no appetite at ALL. Lethargic, drinking water like crazy but only when I show her the water. Very warm, sleepy, crusty eyes and she’s been acting weird (wanting to sit in bathtub, and drink out of toilet.) We decided to take her to the vet today and they ruled out that she has Feline Infectious Peritonitis... I don’t know what to do other than try more antibiotics and steroids. We have been to 2 different veterinarians and both have charged us an arm and a leg... Fluids, eye drops, antibiotics- 2 sets of them.. along with the office visit and ER visits alone, that was just $100+ in itself. An appetite enhancer which did not work. The fluids they gave her at the ER seemed to not do much. I don’t want to lose my baby.. I have tried to feed her multiple brands of cat food along with steak, chicken, tuna, even sardines and she won’t eat anything. The vet told me most cats don’t survive within 2 months of being diagnosed. She’s lost 2+ pounds.. she is all skin and bone and her abdomen is bulging at this point... As terrible as it sounds I cannot financially keep racking up the bills if the doctors are telling me there is no treatment. Of course if these medications help her for the time being I will continue to fill them but in the long run... I can’t afford to buy the medications every single week  If they don’t help, I am unsure what to do because as I said I am not financially responsible enough to pay vet bills that I was not expecting as I am a student and live on my own. Do I put her down? Do I keep her in my home until it is her time.. I just want her to be comfortable... I would so very much appreciate suggestions, opinions, support, anything. Please. I am only 20 years old I have no idea what to do in this situation. I love my girl. Thank you if you’ve read this far and decide to help myself and my babygirl out. I will attach vet bills in a photo.

Donations

  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 8 mos
  • Dan Bilancio 
    • $10 
    • 8 mos
  • Elizabeth Moore 
    • $50 
    • 8 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 8 mos
  • Maree Kipping  
    • $5 
    • 8 mos
See all

Organizer

Daylynn Cumberledge 
Organizer
Youngstown, OH
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more