We are praying Luk makes a full recovery but he and the Roeda Dengs have many needs to get there. Luk's insurance is not covering much of his care. He currently needs 24/7 supervision as he is still occassionally unaware of where he is. Rebecca and Jordan have been stretching their own family very thin to try and meet all the needs. We would love for the church family to now come alongside them and support Luk as he recovers.
Donations will go towards the following:
- uncovered medical bills
- clothes and shoes, particularly for church (Luk has only a couple very tattered items)
- taxi costs to physical therapy 3x weekly in Grand Rapids
- Babysitting costs for Deng Jakob so Rebecca and Jordan can be present with Luk
- a minifridge for Luk on his level so he does not have to climb stairs
- Nursing fees for Luk in the home
- food and other miscellaneous necessities
Donations are definitely needed, but so are gifts of time. If you are in the local Holland area, please consider supporting in the following ways. Contact Kat Schulte to sign up:
- driving to/from Grand Rapids for physical therapy
- spending time walking or reading the Bible with Luk (he is newly very interested to learn about the Bible)
- providing evening or weekend babysitting with Deng Jakob so Rebecca and Jordan can support Luk
- taking Luk shopping for clothes. He is very tall and thin so he needs to try things on.
- keeping track of medical bills and contacting insurance for coverage
- prayers for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.
Thank you for being the church and meeting the needs in our community with the love and grace of Christ.
- Katie Roeda
- Catherine Terpstra
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more