Thanks to an earlier GoFundMe fundraiser and help from many of Peter’s family and friends, he has been fortunate enough to have a 24/7 Care Giver service that is helping him significantly with the rehabilitation process.
However, the funding for this will only cover the first two months, and Peter will need continued care for the foreseeable future. We are seeing drastic improvements as a result of this round-the-clock care and feel much more at-ease knowing he is being supervised and encouraged at all times.
This Care Giver service is offering many great benefits that are showing positive and fast improvements with Peter’s rehabilitation. Some of which include:
• 24/7 Round the clock monitoring with a live-in-house Care Giver.
• 100% Supervision to ensure safety and wellness (This is crucial as we don’t want Peter to fall and re-injure himself as he often wants to do things on his own).
• Medicine and Nutrition Administration.
• Daily Physical Therapy with regular increasing levels.
• Daily Speech Therapy to help with communication and swallowing.
• Daily stimulation through conversations, memory tests and more.
• Continuous Encouragement and Coaching.
The cost of the Care Giver service is $7,000/month. We are hoping to raise a total of $28,000 to cover at least an additional 4 months of the Care Giver service.
Peter’s family is creating this new GoFundMe in the hope that we can raise enough money to provide this INCREDIBLE care giver service to him for as long as possible. Our goal is going to be for 6 months of this service, as we truly believe it will be critical in helping him achieve his rehabilitation goals.
Peter is constantly talking about how much he misses being able to spend time with his friends, family and church community and we are hoping he can return to his normal life and routines with the right care and treatments.
100% of these funds will go directly to Peter’s Care Giver Treatment plan.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out directly to me (Jimmy Hickman - Peter’s nephew) or any of Peter's other family members.
Thank you all for your support!
DonationsSee top donations
- Janice Colella
- Suzanne Schloemann
- Casey Parnis
- Jon Laubscher
- Lisa & Christer Fiege-Kollmann (Bagwell)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more