I don't even really know where to begin. Priti is a dog that is full of life and loves adventure. It is our understanding that in one of her great explorations she may have been bitten by a tick. Approximately a month ago we noticed little red blotches on her skin. They were very minor so we assumed she had a skin rash. The next day Priti and her sister got in a little tiff over a bone which lead to what seemed to be the beginning of a nightmare.
We were told that her platelets were low, the small red blotches were blood vessels breaking under her skin and that she was going to need x-rays, ultrasounds, blood testing, medication...you name it. "Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute...Priti is acting just fine. We're only in here because Andi nipped her ear and it's getting inflamed."
We couldn't understand, she looked just fine, she acted just fine and was moving just fine. She was jumping all over the place and she really didn't even seem to notice her ear being the size of a golf ball.
We are new to Arizona, unfamiliar with credible vets in this area so we went to another vet for a second opinion. They gave us less severe information and we chose to go with that....again, Priti was high in spirits.
Little did we realize there was something really wrong with her. Fast forward to today. We wake up, Priti's bedding is covered in blood. Her stool looks like tar and upon further inspection is filled with blood. Her red blotches have come back, her skin is white as a ghost, she's cold (in a relatively warm apartment) and won't walk or move on her own!!! What have we done! Why didn't we listen!
Our hearts are completely broken. This little girl is so strong that it's not until she was literally on her death bed that we noticed she really was in severly serious condition. I don't know what to tell you past this point except that we are completely sick and in desperate need of your help.
We normally wouldn't ask for handouts or help of any kind but the treatment plan for this prognosis is beyond our means. Priti is in need of several blood transfusions, meds, testing (for a cause), in patient hospital care and more. The rough estimate of what her care will be for the next 3 days is $4,852.00. If she needs more blood transfusions the price will go up.
We are asking for you to help us save our little girls life. We never thought we could love a pet as much as we love her. We are truly blessed everyday to enjoy life with her. She comes in a small package but has a HUGE personality. If we could all have just half of her courage we absolutely could save the world.
We hope you enjoy Priti's music debut. Keep her in your prayers, lets all pray for a miracle!
DonationsSee top donations
- Zoey Raff
- Generous Customers at Bashas'
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more