Owens brain surgery

As most of you know we have battled with a severe seizure disorder and have fought hard for going on four years now. Owen is only six, so for the majority of his life we have been living with the fear of losing him. I have laid in many hospital beds holding my son tightly as we’ve almost lost him more times than I’d like to admit. I’ve spent so many hours on my knees pleading not to take my baby. Over this previous year we began to realize the medication was no longer working. Our neurologist offered a solution, brain surgery. While I have agreed this is our best option as a mother I am terrified. My baby boy will go under a two hour scan then a five hour surgery! His doctors are confident that with this opportunity we will never see another seizure, and Owen will have a real chance to live the perfectly normal life I want for him. This is our last resort. Owens brain is constantly exhausted. As his mother there’s no worse feeling than watching your child suffer, or fear daily they won’t wake up from a nap.

December 16th Owen and I will travel to the children’s hospital where the procedure will be performed. Due to COVID we will have no access to our support system and I am the only one allowed to be with him or even wait for him. We will need to stay up to a week in the hospital, longer depending on the outcome of the surgery. During this time I will also have to part with my daughter. The three of us have never been apart longer than two days. I’m so grateful for my family stepping up to help with her, but due to COVID and the high risk she presents, her being apart during this time she will have to quarantine away from us for a week after we return home. She doesn’t understand. My heart hurts thinking about it.  I’m trying so hard to be the strong Mom they both need but I need some help...

***this is where this campaign comes in...
I’m not one to beg or put my business in othershands but this is my cry for help...
I don’t get child support, I cannot work due to COVID risk to Owen (doctors orders) before and after (6weeks) the surgery. I will be staying with Owen every waking moment during this process which means daily expenses,food, gas, follow up trips, and unexpected medical costs. Also bills at home will still continue piling up, while families around the world celebrate Christmas my family will be separated and 2/3 of us more than likely still hospitalized. Please help buy me time with my baby boy, help me give my babies the Christmas they deserve and the three of us the roof over our head to reunite and celebrate this holiday season. If you cannot donate I understand completely, but I do ask that you pray for each of us. If you have done so I appreciate you more than you know!!! If you have donated I cannot thank you enough. 

Happy Holidays! 


 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 1 d
  • Byrd C Hammer 
    • $25 
    • 2 d
  • Cathy Long 
    • $25 
    • 2 d
  • Jeanette Hedrick 
    • $20 
    • 3 d
  • Teri Campbell 
    • $50 
    • 4 d
See all


Krysta Wehland 
Moorefield, WV
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more