1. She knows every classic show tune by heart.
2. Her sense of humor. She is basically one of the funniest people anyone has ever met.
3. She is an amazing nurse. She is always going out of her way to help her patients and coworkers.
4. She is the creator of “The Dawn”. The most delicious variation of a grilled cheese sandwich which has spread like wildfire on our unit.
5. Her devotion to her family. She works full time to support their desire to educate their children in the home. They even use holidays as an opportunity to teach their children some history! For example, the night before Thanksgiving they bake Plymouth Rock cookies (which she has described as grey and not completely mouth watering from a visual perspective). Then they do a sleep over in the living room to educate their kids about the boat ride the pilgrims embarked on.
6. Her ability to stay positive. It has been a quality that has stood out about her even before her diagnosis.
7. She always puts everyone’s feelings before her own. When sharing her story, her first instinct was to support her friends as they reacted to her news.
8. She is SMART. Anyone who has a question goes to Dawn for advice whether it be professional or personal.
9. She is a fantastic mother.
10. She is humble. Which is why we are stopping at 10 things we love about her because the list could go on forever and it would embarrass her to no end.
Nurses are not salary employees. If we don’t work, we don’t get paid. Again, Dawn has, by necessity, used all of her paid time off for her treatment. Any donation, large or small, would have a large impact on her family.
DonationsSee top donations
- Reina Torres
- Joe & Gayle Young
- Michael Wilmink
- Bakot Sende
- Mary Ann Forslin
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more