Our boy Hashi needs help

Hello, Yuri and I are not good at asking for help, we are quick to offer it but, struggle to ask for it.  We have been encouraged to start a GoFundMe by several people who would like to help.  I will do my best to tell the story, my brain is a little scrambled because the fast-paced nature of the situation, high cost, intensity of the procedure, and just heartbreak we are dealing with.  

Hashi our 2yr old GSP came down with a cough earlier last Friday, at first we chalked it up to a minor cold because his appetite was strong, energetic, and basically himself.  As a precaution, I made vet appointment Wednesday just to make sure.  Initial assessment from the vet was the same.  Well, Thursday night his appetite dwindled but, that can happen time to time.  Friday, I left for work at 7 am and Hashi walked me to the door like he always does with his sad don't leave face.  Yuri left at 3, and Hashi was still fairly normal but, no appetite.  I came home at 7:30 and Hashi could barely move, looked miserable, and I had to pick him up to get him back in the house.  Something was very very wrong.  I took his temp and it was 104.8.  At that point, we decided to take him to the emergency hospital.  Things from this point begin to get worse and worse, initial chest x-ray showed a spot of concern they needed to use an ultrasound to see.  Meanwhile, the cost begins spiraling out of control as you can imagine.  They believe he accidentally inhaled something that he couldn't express it.  The foreign substance had migrated to the outside of the lung, and created fluid outside of the lung. They strongly suggested we leave him there which was incredibly hard, and that he most likely will need exploratory surgery the next day with initial estimates costing $5-$6,000 plus the overnight stay.  

This morning the surgeon called and informed me that surgery is very much the right plan and that it would be closer to $9,000 because of complications and possible lung lobe removal.   The surgery required opening his chest cavity and removal of the foreign body, and any damaged tissue. Well as things go, he needed a lobe removed, and additional sutures.   They found the foreign substance and it has been sent out for analysis (very small plant material- she believed).  Hashi is stable, unconscious, with two tubes, hanging out of his chest,  along with staples down his sternum, and we have yet to see him which is tearing us up.  All we have is the doctor's terrifying description.  He is pain-free because of meds, and they are optimistic.  They are keeping him until Monday for observation and pain management.

We are not a rich family, we are newly married and have dedicated ourselves to helping kids and not focusing on what we get paid (me in education and coaching gymnastics with Yuri my wife).  We have sacrificed more pay and other opportunities for the chance to make a difference.  Friends I have helped some of you in the past, and I will again in the future but, right now Hashi, Yuri and I need your help.  We appreciate anything you can do to help.  I appologize for grammar errors but, my head is expolding and it is getting hard to try and read, forgive me. 23936940_fb_1505595485.4854_funddescription.jpg

We are hoping to see Hashi later today if we are able to, we are just want to tell him we love him and kiss his forehead.  

Thank you for your time,
Yuri, Jason, and Hashi

Donations

  • Sheila and Sarah McConnell 
    • $50 
    • 34 mos
  • Darren Pauly 
    • $25 
    • 34 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 34 mos
  • Cyndee Hudson 
    • $20 
    • 34 mos
  • Andrea Eskuchen 
    • $25 
    • 34 mos
See all

Organizer

Jason Violette 
Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more