After obtaining my Doctor of Medicine degree in 2011, I had an opportunity to move with my family to Canada. I knew that God was in control of everything but this sudden change of plans made me put my dreams temporarily on hold as I sought Him.
During this time of waiting, my passion for God grew and my compassion for the church and all His people became stronger. I realized that this "detour" was not at all coincidental as the Lord was molding me to that Christian doctor that He wanted me to be.
I now feel strongly that I can go and move forward to pursue my dreams.
In order to practice medicine, I need to raise funds for several Canadian medical exams. Once I have taken these, I can get matched to a hospital for my residency training.
I am aiming to raise $10,000, broken down into smaller goals, which will cover examination fees and other expenses.
Here is the breakdown of where the money will be used:
(1) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic: $295
(2) Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE): $1695
(3) Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part 1 (MCCQE Part 1): $950
(4) Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part 2 (MCCQE Part 2): $2260
(5) New Certification Examination in Family Medicine: $4750
(6) National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) Examination: $2190
(7) Medical Council of Canada Source Verification fee (Credentials verification): $260
(8) Source verification document fee: $145 x 3 = $435
All these exams might take 3 to 4 years (or longer) to complete. My short-term goal is to have all my credentials assessed first so I can take the MCCEE hopefully by the end of 2014, or at the beginning of 2015.
For more information about the fees listed above, you can visit the following websites:
International English Language Testing System:
Medical Council of Canada Examinations and Fees:
Will you partner with me in this endeavor to further the Kingdom of God?
DonationsSee top donations
- Toni Morgan
- Brittany Ng
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more