It will be a foundation for authors to showcase their work.
In addition, there will be a place for readers and author supporters.
All those FB pages, blogs, websites designed to help authors would be easy to locate and search through.
Edit** The site is up and running in beta form.
Join the site and see what we are working on! :)
All I need is the money to get it started
This is what the site will provide:
1. A place to connect with authors and support staff
2. A place to promote their work
3. A place to post their work and get feedback
4. A social media platform designed specifically for THEM
5. A place to build readership
6. A place to get reviews
7. A place to learn from experts and each other
1. A place to connect with their favorite authors
2. A place to find new authors
3. A place to review books
4. A place to discuss books
5. A place to connect with other readers
For Author support staff (Publishers, Editors, proofreaders, Designers, Formatters, PAs and more)
1. A place to promote their services
2. A place to obtain reviews
3. A place to connect with authors
I would start small and build from the ground up.
It won’t take much to get it started.
I would be able to set up the basic site and get it going for $500
Maintaining the site for the first year will be a little bit more.
First year budget:
Software license $500
Network Fees: $1000
Equipment costs: $500
Monetizing the site would keep it up and running and allow it to grow.
The site would be monetized with the following:
1. Paid Ads service
3. Membership fees
a. Free Basic membership
b. Fees to upgrade
Anyone who donates will receive a coupon code giving discounts equal to the donation in fees and ads.
The goal is to raise all of the money by June 1st 2018.