Oliver Warner's Medical Bills

A few weeks ago Oliver became sick. Sunday morning he began vomiting and it continued all day. I took him to the emergency animal hospital and had him examined. He was given medication for the night to see if it would calm the vomiting and nausea so that he could eat the next day. I tried feeding him 12 hours later but all he did was have some water only to throw it up 5 minutes later (this time a dark brown color). I immediately took him back to the animal hospital and they took X-Rays. The Veterinarian told me that they didn't see anything on the result about him having an obstruction. I was confused and worried about what was happening to him because he still wouldn't eat and couldn't even hold water down. More medication and fluids were given to him. I waited another day to see if he would feel better but nothing changed (constant vomiting and not eating) so I took him to have blood work done, results came back and nothing showed up out of the norm. By this point I'm very worried because it has been about 4 days with no food and limited water. He was taken to get more X-Rays and an evaluation at another clinic just in case something was missed at the other clinic. Yet again, nothing showed up. I finally decided that the next option was to do an exploratory surgery to check if there was a foreign body. I took him back  to the first animal hospital and he was admitted for surgery. The surgeon found the foreign body in his intestines but by that time it had already caused some damage. The surgeon had to remove about 4 inches from his intestines and reattach the two ends. The next day I received news that there was fluid building up inside his abdomen causing bacteria and infection, Oliver was now having to fight to become healthy again. For the next couple of days multiple tests and medications were applied to save him. He had another two surgeries to flush out the bacteria/infection but he just wasn't strong enough (nor did he have protein) to fight back. Instead of watching him suffer and pay for a $10,000 surgery that only guaranteed a 50% survival (on top of the previous medical expenses) I decided it was best to euthanize him. Letting Oliver go was the hardest decision I have ever had. I wanted nothing more than to save him and I tried everything I could to make sure he would survive. He was the most loving and energetic pup around. I first got Oliver when he was 5 months old. Oliver was only 1 year and 7 months when he became sick, I had just a little over a year with him and that definitely wasn't enough. I was nowhere near mentally, physically, financially, or emotionally ready for this to happen to him. I'm not expecting much but I would be more than grateful for all/any help towards Oliver's expenses.

Donations ()

  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 29 mos
  • Kelsey Sheridan 
    • $50 
    • 30 mos
  • Katia Temkin 
    • $50 
    • 30 mos
  • Jeff Dolbeer 
    • $50 
    • 30 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 30 mos
See all

Organizer

Lacey Warner 
Organizer
West Point, NY
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more