Family loses everything in a fire

An Esquimalt family lost everything in a house fire on Saturday night Feb 27. The Alaas-Ideis family came to Canada a year and a half ago with two young children and a baby. 

They were veterinarians in Jordan running their own clinic, but they sold everything to escape the war and move to Canada. 

The family is in Canada on a visitor visa and they do not have refugee status or a work permit. They are not able to work or receive financial assistance from the federal and provincial governments. All their assets and savings were burned in the fire.

The family is being housed at a hotel until Saturday, but after that they have nowhere to go. Without friends and family they are relying for help from  our community.

Right now the most important thing is finding them a place to live. We are asking for a small donation to help the family pay for rent and get back on their feet.

If you would like to help the family with anything else such as furniture, clothes or food, please contact the Esquimalt Church of the Nazarene on 886 Craigflower Road, esq.nazarene@telus.net or call 250-382-0812.

See Chek News article and video here

Donations (0)

  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 42 mos
  • Corissa Sivorot 
    • $200 
    • 42 mos
  • Debbie Francis 
    • $60 
    • 42 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 42 mos
  • Barri Rudolph 
    • $25 
    • 43 mos

Organizer 

Juan Ramirez 
Organizer
Esquimalt, BC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more