I need some help. Actually, a lot of help. For those of you know that know me personally, you know I am not the kind to ask for help. At this point though, I am seriously asking for help from each of you.
On Monday, October 9, my primary living space in my home was flooded with 10" of raw sewage (see main video or this one )
The downstairs living area was completely destroyed. My wife and child are still in Missouri after the death of her brother, and I am trying to figure out what to do with our lives and how can we get life back to normal.
Here's what happened.
1) A city sewage pumping station went down and end result was 6”-10” raw sewage pumped into my downstairs living area. City admitted it was their pump that went down
2) City says they won't pay anything and that I need to go after the local power company (FPL) as it was a power related issue. They also suggested I go after AT&T as they had a phone line down that would have warned the city of the pump going out.
3) Insurance (Citizens) says they won't pay anything as apparently I have an exclusion against "sewer backup".
Total damages are in the $60K - $75K range of which I just don't have.
1) $25 - 30K for home repairs
2) $25-30K for contents replacement
3) $10K for 3 months living expenses.
City acknowledges their station went down. Says it’s not on them as it’s FPL and AT&T fault.
Insurance says its not their problem due to the exclusion.
I need financial help and don't know what to do or who to turn to. I just don't have that kind of money sitting around.
Can you help us get our lives back to normal? Anything you can do is GREATLY appreciated!!!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Christine Long
- Mitchell Bethune
- Missy, Cori & Joshua
- Jessica Johnston
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more