While Johnny died a terrible death, he lived an extraordinary life. Johnny loved his family beyond measure. Johnny spoke about them frequently and was a main caretaker for his father who is actively battling cancer. Johnny's father is receiving treatment at Georgetown University for leukemia.
Johnny spent his career as a social worker devoted to protecting children who had experienced child abuse. Johnny was a leader at work who other social workers, law enforcement officers, and personnel admired and respected for his devotion and joy he brought to the workplace.
Johnny's family is faced with a tremendous amount of unforeseen expenses associated with Johnny's unexpected passing which has been complicated by the international nature of the crime. Some of the expenses include:
- Legal expenses in Colombia to ensure the prosecution of Johnny's murderers.
- Money for three of Johnny's family members to travel to Medellin, Colombia to be present for the trial.
- Johnny selected his own burial plot prior to passing and had only made five payments leaving the family with a $10,000 bill so he can be buried next to his family.
- The local funeral home is charging $2700 to receive Johnny from the Colombian funeral home.
- The family is going to have to sell Johnny's home which includes realtors, appraisers, taxes, etc.
Johnny was an incredible person and a light to all who knew him. He spread laughter, joy, and love. He had an innate ability to make everyone feel special and loved whether you were his family or a client of his. Losing Johnny is something that we will never recover from but we hope to come together to honor Johnny by taking care of his family the way that he would. Please join us in our efforts to honor Johnny and his family who loves him so dearly.
DonationsSee top donations
- Nicole Cav
- Brandon Schneider
- Aaron & Kristin West
- Inna and Gabriel Berthe
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more