As a puppy given he was one of my most treasured possessions he was fully insured as with anything that you value in life would be. Without going into the long winded details, during his initial puppy insurance he was diagnosed with anaemia and was very poorly baby. After the four weeks no other insurerer would insure him for his pre existing illness, so anytime we tried to make a claim under the existing policy they always referred it back to his underlying anaemia and we could never claim therefore since then whenever he has needed the vet etc... we have paid whatever the bill was.
Last week I took Chance to the Vet as I suspected he may have kennel cough, only to be informed that he was in fact very poorly and that his temperature was dangerously high, following an initial x-ray it was found he had fluid and masses around his lungs. He was admitted and treated for pneumonia until further tests could be conducted. This weekend the vets have fought to bring down his temperature so he would be strong enough to go under anaesthetic and have a CT Scan , unfortunatley he has deteriorated over night and his temperature remains extremely high, his respiratory problems have also worsened so this morning he has been transferred to a specialist oncology centre to undergo the CT Scan regardless of his temp which is an added risk. As we sit here writing this we are awaiting THAT call from the centre with the results of the scan.
Following the overwhelming response I have received via my own social media pages regarding Chance and his welfare , I have taken advice to set up this page as so many amazing, caring people out there want to help in some way to get Chance the best possible treatment we can, asap !
As it stands purely from his stay at his own vetinary surgery since Saturday his bill with them is approx £ 490.00, the specialist CT scan and investigations he is currently undergoing as we speak is set to be between £1,500 - £2,000, thereafter dependant on their findings he may be looking at surgery etc... which has been estimated between £3,500 - £4,500.
These figures are do not include any medication, care, vet stays etc... and are likely to increase significantly.
Anyone that knows me will be thoroughly aware of the relationship Chance and I share. To some, it may seem crazy but to me he is my son. The love I have for him and I know he has for me is unconditional. He has brought so much joy into my life this past 5 yrs, he knows when I am down and lays by my side, he has literally protected me and the home we once shared from intruders in the middle of the night. More recently, Chance got a little brother for company his name is Shadow ( yes, you guessed it, homeward bound fan). Shadow runs rings around poor Chance and torments the life out of him but they have become very close and Shadow is sat by the window waiting for his brother to come home.
Like I said , the sheer amount of well wishes and offers of donations and charity events all for my Chance has brought me to tears. I am sincerely overwhelmed by the love you all share for my baby.
I will update you all regularly on Chance and his progress and of course all details of vet bills, costs etc... will be made available once received.
Thank you all in advance your donations are sincerely appreciated. And for anyone who is unable to donate your prayers are equally appreciated.
Love Sinèad & Chance
DonationsSee top donations
- Stacey Derbyshire
- Laura Corr
- Jodie Moorhouse
- Kerri Neild
- Sophie Nye
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more