A fire that started in a dryer ripped through her family home in San Jose on Valentine's weekend.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy fire damage.
There is no monetary estimate for the damages, but Van Elgort said the house sustained heavy damage and is “certainly unlivable and uninhabitable.”
“It will take a great deal to rebuild,” Van Elgort said. “They lost a lot of property. It was pretty much everything they had.”
He added, “Thankfully, no one was hurt.”
- Dave Leong
- Melissa Vitale
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more