is about to host their first fundraiser event on November 9th, 2019!
The event will be hosted at Calli Meadows Farm
, the home of our program’s horse Indigo, and a beautiful, therapeutic site that Mimico SNAP enjoys on a weekly basis. Our afternoon soirée will consist of live music, an exciting silent auction, artisan sales, and beverages & hors d’oeuvres! It is an open house from 12pm to 5pm, and free for all to attend! Please see the Facebook Event: “Afternoon Soiree Fundraiser for Mimico SNAP”
for more details.
We realize that the event itself may not fulfil our fundraising goal of $20,000
, so we are reaching out to our community to see how far we can get before the day of the event!Mimico SNAP is a one-of-a-kind, non-profit day program for adults with special needs
. Mimico SNAP focuses on facilitating the integration of adults with unique abilities into their communities in meaningful ways, with the goal of developing valuable life skills to gain independence in their everyday life. Mimico SNAP provides a human experience to adults who need care and support on a daily basis. Life after high school can be bleak for an adult with special needs. Our society has failed to develop adequate programs to include adults with different abilities in our communities. Often times adults with special needs are excluded from the simple daily privileges most of us take for granted; having independence, going to work, participating in post secondary education, learning, having friends, participating in community activities, and simply having purpose in everyday life. These are things every person deserves, and Mimico SNAP ensures these basic privileges are achieved by its members. When the workplace or post secondary education is not a suitable or possible “next-step” after high-school, Mimico SNAP provides a space with daily support to adults who would otherwise have nowhere else to go.Why are we fundraising for Mimico SNAP?
- Mimico SNAP receives NO government funding for the services they provide
- There is little government funding for the families and individuals who need to access a program like this
- Everyone deserves a daily experience like that which is offered at SNAP; to wake up with purpose each day, to participate in therapeutic activities, and to develop valuable life skills to gain independence
- Adults with disabilities deserve a meaningful program which involves them in their communities and enriches their life, rather than being restricted to passive indoor activities that limit growth Our goal of fundraising $20,000, will allow Mimico SNAP to:
- Provide engaging and educational experiences in the community
- Provide physical exercise programs
- Expand animal and equine therapy programs
- Support transportation costs associated with activities in the community
- Provide staffing support to individuals who require extra assistance
- Create a bursary program to allow SNAP to benefit everyone in the community Our program provides:
- Daily support to adults who need care while parents and guardians go to work
- Development of valuable life-skills for independence in every day life
- Equine Therapy at Calli Meadows
- Art Therapy in collaboration with LAMP Community Centre
- Development of workplace skills through many volunteer opportunities
- Development of social networks to increase independence in the community
- Various fitness & recreation activities, and community outings
We must come together as a community to promote and support the inclusion of adults with special needs
. Mimico SNAP acts as an advocate and facilitator of integration for adults with different abilities. There are thousands of individuals on waitlists for the opportunity to be a part of an essential program such as ours. We aim to develop our program to serve as many individuals as possible. Your donations and support will directly impact the program growth and its members.
May our community join together, to help provide quality services to those who need them the most!
Thank you, SO VERY MUCH, from Denise and everyone at Mimico SNAP!
(Although we are not a charity, upon request you will be provided with a thank you 'letter of receipt' for your donation to our non-profit program "Mimico SNAP", to use as you need)Facebook Event for Afternoon Soiree Fundraiser for Mimico SNAP