My name is Mika Covington and I live with an ultra-rare genetic disease called cystinosis. This disease affects all my organ systems.
Because cystinosis is so rare, individuals like myself often feel isolated and alone in their journeys. Therefore, we sometimes attend conferences such as the 2019 CRN Family Conference to meet other patients with cystinosis.
At the 2019 CRN Family Conference, I will have the opportunity to:
1. Learn about new research findings:
2. Receive updates from international cystinosis organizations:
3. Have the opportunity to participate in research studies;
4. Interact one on one with many of the world expert clinicians treating and researching cystinosis; and
5. Meet and renew friendships with other individuals and families.
Thanks to the generous support of the CRN organization, I will be able to attend this annual conference. They awarded me a scholarship that will cover a part of the costs of attending this conference.
I am asking you, my friends, and families, to donate whatever you are able to help cover the remaining costs including but not limited to travel and food during travel.