OUR IDEA: To honor Michelle's memory, her friends have come together in creating the Michelle Meyer Arts Scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded annually to a female senior at Locust Valley High School who has been recommended by the faculty and career counselors and who embodies the passions that made Michelle so special, including...
- true creativity in various artistic disciplines (theater, music, art, dance and/or fashion design)
- strong academic performance
- loving, caring and giving
- respected by both her peers, her teachers and counselors
- having been accepted at a college or university where she will continue her artistic studies and training,
- with the intention of having a career as a professional artist.
OUR GOAL: to raise a minimum of $1,000 each year to be awarded each spring at the Locust Valley High School Senior Awards ceremony to be used to help the recipient cover their arts education tuition and expenses.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE: We invite all who knew Michelle, including her family, friends, teachers,
those who have never forgotten her beautiful soul, and those who simply want to honor her memory and help a young artist further their arts education, to donate and make this their scholarship too.
WOULD YOU LIKE MORE INFORMATION?
Please Contact: Jamie Dickstein, Locust Valley School Counselor.Michelle in "The Pajama Game" at Locust Valley HS 1978.
The friends of Michelle Meyer
- Gene Ward
- Jill Stimola
- alfred meyer
- Lee Gebhardt
- Maresa Friedman
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more