Michael Montague's Memorial

Its never easy to ask for help, especially not during a time like this. I also find it a bit ironic asking for help to provide a memorial service for someone as selfless as Michael Montague, my Father. With that being said I'd like to believe that people would like to know what / who they are donating to and the meaning behind it....

Michael Montague lost his battle on early morning Monday, November 6, 2017 after more than two years battling Cancer. Initially diagnosed mid 2015 with Cancer in his left kidney which spread into his spleen and part of his pancreas. He underwent Surgery in August of 2015, which was successful. His Surgery was on a Monday, he was walking by Wednesday, and they released him out the Hospital on that Friday - anyone that knows him knows that any length in a Hospital is too long for him.

He was advised of spots in his lungs, that would require follow up on a later date. Not just because of his busy work schedule or the care he was providing for my Grandmother, his Mother, but because he felt he was 100% recovered and "fine" he didn't go through with some of his follow ups....

This would prove to be costly as one day while working in September of 2016 he fainted. He was rushed to the Hospital where they discovered he had Cancer in his brain and had developed Stage 4 Cancer in his Lungs. Immediate surgery removed approximately 90% of the Cancer in his brain, the other 10% was left as it was too close to his brain stem - which controls a lot of the basic body functions. Chemotherapy was not an option as his body was too weak from Cancer already his body wouldn't have been able to handle it.

He was then placed on in-home Hospice care, where he was relocated from Phoenix, AZ to Las Vegas, NV around December 2016 to stay with my sister, Samantha while she cared for him and weekly visits from the Hospice Medical staff made him as comfortable as possible while his condition worsened and his body deteriorated, which ultimately brings us to where we are currently.

To know Michael Montague was to know how truly selfless he was, in every sense of the word. This is a man who would go out of his way to help anyone, friends, family, neighbors, even complete strangers. He was a hardworking man who worked often 6 days a week, would clean nonstop on his days / day off and would almost never take anytime off for himself. He enjoyed working on cars and would often work on many cars and houses throughout the family as he was quite the handyman. I could go on and on about experiences with my Father as well as all times he has helped me out, but I would be going on for a long time describing each one.

Michael Montague ultimately moved from Las Vegas, NV where he raised his children to Phoenix, AZ in 2012 where he cared for his dying mother and did so on a continuous basis until he himself fell ill.

Michael Montague leaves behind his Mother, Shirley, Sisters; Shirley, Tina, Deborah, Denise, Sister in Law, Mary, Brother's in Law; Gerry, Chris, Daughter, Samantha, Sons; Eric, Josh, Aaron, Nicolas, as well as numerous Nieces, Nephews, Grandchildren, and great Grandchildren.

All funds collected will be used to assist in the cremation and memorial services for Michael Montague, the date of which is TBD.

- Thank you you all in advance


25233670_1510185205.1274_funddescription
25233670_1510185239.3937_funddescription
  • Roberto Toscano 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 46 mos
  • Christoph Oberlin 
    • $250 
    • 46 mos
  • Modesto Rodriguez 
    • $150 
    • 46 mos
  • David Mensink 
    • $5 
    • 46 mos
See all

Organizer

Aaron Montague 
Organizer
Las Vegas, NV
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more