Hello fellow riders!
First off, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has helped to make Medina Trails become one of the best spots to ride in the greater NEO area. In the past 2 years we have added 8 miles of trail, about 20 wood features, the skills park, the family trail and new signage. Thanks!
I'm hoping to raise some funds for the next few years projects. The City of Medina continues to assist with our trails, but their funds are limited. Over the years they have purchased signs for the trails, installed trailhead signs, built bridges, installed fences and provided lots of gravel. I’d like to keep Medina Trails moving forward so there’s 3 main items we need your help with.
1. We need more wood and bolts. We have been approved to replace several bridges and add additional wooden features to the trail! The features will be built to address some areas of concern and improve the overall ridability. Features will be constructed along the various streams and low spots as well as the end of the new flow trail where you cross into the woods. I'd like to get started on this and have several features built by the end of August so we can all enjoy it through the remainder of the season!
2. Now that we have more trail, we would like to invest in a better piece of equipment to help keep the trail clear. It's been tough keeping up with the weeds this summer, but our trail maintenance volunteers have done an excellent job! We would like to purchase a DR brush mower to keep things trimmed up. This will be 10 times easier and faster than doing with our weed eaters. The unit will be donated to the city and housed in their storage area. It will only be used on the trails.
3. Maintence issues. We need to purchase more bank run gravel to add to the trail so we can continue to address wet areas. The more repairs we make… the faster you can ride after the rain!
1. Wood $1500 +bolts $500
2. DR Mower $1600 + shipping $100
3. Maintenance fund , stone $300
I hope that you can spare a few dollars to help us keep Medina Trails in tip-top shape!
Ray and the volunteers
PLEASE SHARE THIS ON FACEBOOK! It really helps the donations come in.