We know it is difficult for many of us as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, but we need your help and appreciate anyone who has assisted us thus far and who can still assist!! This has truly been a whirlwind of a journey.
Colin and Yim Wa Paul live in Trinidad and Tobago. Colin is a dedicated husband who is in need of your assistance. Due to the pandemic, and the local lockdown at the time, he had to close his store at Trincity Mall. Well things did not end there. His wife of 19 years was again diagnosed with cancer in September 2020. Yim Wa attended St Augustine Senior Comp while Colin attended Fatima College, & UWI 1999. Yim Wa is a warrior and has been through a lot (see history below). "Yim's Yummy Gourmet Tuck Shop" is also not operational, they are both unemployed and in need of financial assistance. Caregiver assistance is too risky and costly so Colin attends to Yim Wa 25 hours a day. This couple has been a loving & shining example of through the tuff times, there is still love.
Yim Wa recently completed chemotherapy treatments which is a major milestone in this battle against cancer. If you can help in any way financially, it would be a massive help to them towards Yim Wa's medical needs in this difficult time.
The cost of chemotherapy has been $23,000 USD and PET scan $2,000 USD to date.
For more information please Whatsapp or call 868-789-0873 to reach Curtis Gosein.
Yim Wa's Medical History
* Breast cancer, stage 1 in 2012.
* Nasopharyngeal carcinoma, stage 4 in 2017.
* Over 10 different surgeries and procedures related to these cancers over the last 8 years.
* Partially paralyzed vocal cord, tongue and roof of mouth. Liquid diet for the last 3 years mostly consisting of smoothies and blended soups.
* Distorted sense of taste, lack of saliva from radiation damage.
* Deaf in right ear, double vision, constant tinnitus.
* Can't walk without assistance due to vertigo.
* Bell's pallsy.
* Recurrence of Nasopharyngeal carcinoma in 2020, now pressing against her brain stem and cerebellum causing cerebral spinal fluid to leak into her skull.
* 9 chemotherapy sessions from October to December 2020
* PET scans in late 2020 and more required in early 2021
If you cannot give financially please share among, your friends, workmates, family and networks.
We appreciate your time, prayers and contributions.
For those local to T&T, see local banking info for donations also
*Colin Paul Republic Bank 160107314831 (UWI Branch)
*Curtis Gosein RBC Bank 100089070932189
- Dixie-Ann Belle
- Marc Barrow
- Anil Dookeran
- Maria Monique Saligumba
Fundraising team (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more