Medical Expenses for Brooklyn Rose

42025558_1569102637738736_r.jpegOur Family was blessed with this little Angel, Brooklyn Rose on 7/14/19.  Brooklyn entered the world 8 1/2 weeks early and after she was born was transported directly to a children’s hospital where she would spend 8 weeks in the NICU.  Unfortunately, when Brooklyn was born her Mom didn’t have health insurance, which also meant Brooklyn didn’t have insurance.  The cost of delivery and medical transport alone is enough to bury any family in a mound of medical expenses, add the average daily NICU expense of $3,500 to that and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.  Brooklyn was eventually approved for emergency health insurance, but it’s not retroactive and as everyone knows, insurance doesn’t cover everything and there are still hefty costs associated.  Did you know that insurance only covers 60% of all feedings through the NG tube in the NICU?  Are babies not supposed to receive nourishment the other 40% of the time?  Any specialist, like the 3 MRIs the neurologist ordered are only partially covered.  In addition to the hospital expenses there are ongoing expenses of traveling to specialists and Doctor appointments for the first year of a preemie’s life.  

Any and all help is appreciated for  this new family to offset some of the financial burden so they can truly focus on Brooklyn and her needs instead of the stress and worry of trying to make ends meet under mounds of medical expenses. 

Thank you all in advance.

Donations

  • Nick Veris 
    • $10 
    • 1 mo
  • Chad Latvaaho  
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Joanne Powell  
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Katie Daniel 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo

Organizer

Misty Nichols 
Organizer
Gold Canyon, AZ
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more