This January, Melodic Distraction are teaming up with local charity, Sunflowers, to raise money to support individuals and families affected by a cancer diagnosis in the Merseyside region.
We will be hosting a series of Melodic Distraction Radio shows to promote the work that they do in and around Merseyside.
Sunflowers provide counselling, complementary therapies, art and craft therapies, exercise classes and lots more, in a welcoming and safe environment.
Their work ensures reaches out to:
- Help people affected by cancer avoid social isolation.
- Help those affected by cancer stay physically active.
- Help those affected by cancer to maintain or improve their mental health and wellbeing.
Sunflowers is run by a small staff team, and a large number of experienced and skilled volunteers.
Their services are largely free or heavily subsidised and are open to all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As a small charity, every donation made to Sunflowers makes a big difference.
Running throughout January, Melodic Distraction will be fundraising for this small but mighty charity!
You can get involved in the following ways:
- Donate via the GoFundMe Link found on every MDR Live Stream.
- For hosts and passers by...donate in the studio collection point.