Matt Waterman, Monet Miller

Matt Waterman and Monet Miller started this journey learning they were expecting a baby in early April 2018, learned also it was a girl...The life journey changed for them in July 2018 at 17 weeks she had a diagnostic ultra sound( due to a MD thought she saw abnormalities on earlier ultra sound).  The MD believed that baby girl had no kidneys and one lung. At this time they were strongly encouraged to terminate this beating heart, even counseled to terminate.  Matt and Monet did not want this they wanted to fight for their baby, Monet wanted to carry this baby as long as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, they had another obstacle at 20 weeks Monet’s water broke.  They were seen in local labor and delivery, the decision was to induce labor or referred back to the University of Iowa Hosital and clinics. They chose to go back to the University.  Once she was seen at UIHC,  the physicians were so great, supported them both and that babies can survive 22-23 weeks.  Another ultrasound now showed baby girl has NO abnormalities.  Monet wanted to continue to carry this miracle.  The pan was made that if she made it to 22 weeks they would admit her to Mother Baby Unit at UIHC.

Monet made the deadline of 22 weeks she was thankfully admitted on August 16, 2018.  She was immediately started on IV fluids IV steroid (for baby’s lungs) and IV antibiotics, and Monet would be on modified bed rest and remain inpatient until delivery.  The plan is for Monet and baby make it to 28 weeks even better to 34 weeks.  At this time if she would deliver now, the UIHC team has 95-98% viability for this little miracle.  At this time Monet is going on 27 weeks, her and baby are very strong.

Needless to say this has put very strong financial stress on them both.. Monet had to stop working at 20 weeks, Matt has now transitioned to a job in Iowa City to be close to Monet and baby.  They are both very hard workers and it is not easy for them to ask for help..

Looking to ease some stress with ongoing financial needs.  Once our miracle is here she will have to stay at UIHC until December 15th(original due date ).. There will many trips back and forth from the University and home, due Monet will no longer be able to room there.

I am asking as a Mother and soon to be grandma if you can assist in anyway it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all, for continued prayers and support for these two, they are loved by so many.
  • Tammy Montanari
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Tracy Bloebaum
    • $100 
    • 51 mos
  • Jenny Hager
    • $50 
    • 51 mos
  • Tammy Williams
    • $100 
    • 51 mos
  • Veronica Moore
    • $25 
    • 52 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Susan Wells
West Burlington, IA
Matthew Waterman

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.