To preserve the name and legacy of their son who passed away suddenly in his sleep in June 2021, Aleksandra and Riste Bozinovski set up the Marko Bozinovski Foundation. Marko was a beloved son, a good friend, and an accomplished athlete, whose passion for sports, matched his need to help others.
In his honour, the foundation's focus is on the support of young, talented athletes who don’t have the means to invest in developing their skills and career. In addition, the foundation aims to provide the proper support and environment for children and youths from disadvantaged backgrounds to enter the world of sport.
It has been a busy year for the Marko Bozinovski foundation, especially given that this is a small foundation that has primarily relied on support from family and friends.
We have done several projects that we are proud of, such as the
- Complete renovation of the venue and repair of the facilities in the sports centre Marko Bozinovski, including ongoing refurbishment of the outdoor court providing local children and youths with the right environment to practice sports and watch sports tournaments
- Successful organisation of the first annual Marko Bozinovski Cup, an under-18 handball tournament with the participation of six Macedonian teams and two teams from neighbouring Croatia (Nexe) and Serbia (Voivodina)
- Funding for one child from disadvantaged background to be able to attend summer camp in collaboration with ‘Project Happiness.’
- Funding for two young athletes from disadvantaged backgrounds to attend the KMG handball camp in Ohrid in June 2022
- School supplies for 20 children from disadvantaged backgrounds in collaboration with ‘Project Happiness.’
- Successful organisation of a free concert at the Marko Bozinovski centre with Dubioza Kolektiv, a band with a massive following in the region, to celebrate the start of the new school year
And we’d like to do more with your support…
- Our biggest priority in 2023 is to provide heart rate monitors for young athletes for early detection of any heart abnormalities. We hope this early detection will help save lives and prevent more families from suffering the loss ours went through.
- We plan to: complete the refurbishment of the seating area of the outdoor court; continue the investment in the development of young athletes from the disadvantaged background by providing the funding to attend sports camps, and continue the organisation of the annual Marko Bozinovski Cup for under 18s
Thank you for your support
Aleksandra & Riste Bozinovski