The lack of electricity, clean water and medical supplies have raised serious concerns; especially considering their ages, health and basic needs. Without electricity, our mom, Edia, has been washing clothes by hand. Our dad, Marin, continually feels the stress of removing uprooted trees, rebuilding structures in the backyard, mending fences and repairing issues with their roof. Other daily tasks -- like buying groceries, cooking, and taking trips to the doctor are cumbersome, as well.
Since Puerto Rican families live with a strong sense of community, we know that giving aid and relief to our parents will also bring relief to the other families in their neighborhood. It is our desire to help alleviate the pressure caused by the hurricane for both our aging parents and their neighbors. Our combined funds will allow for:
1. Installing a new generator to supply enough electricity to operate all appliances in their home for up to 12 months.
2. Upgrading their washing machine to an energy-efficient appliance
3. Making repairs to the damage on their property
4. Providing clean water to them and their surrounding neighbors through chlorine tablets and water purification systems; this will provide them with clean water until full systems are restored.
5. Assisting them in accessing services from FEMA, doctors and other service providers
6. Sustaining them, their neighbors, and extended family with non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials for daily living.
We will guarantee that all donations go to our parents and their surrounding neighbors for support and relief in their rebuilding process. We appreciate your help with wrapping our parents in love during this difficult time for Puerto Rico. There are many more ways that we could extend help to our parents and their community over the coming months. We also hope to be able to return to Puerto Rico to check on our parents and provide continually support. Thank you, again, for your care and generosity. Most importantly, your prayer for their health and basic needs is most important to us.
Noe, Harida, Marinsito, Orlando, Tony
DonationsSee top donations
- Terry & Sigmon Carter
- Romina Kawahira
- Hodges Family
- Narasimharao Balni
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more