and teenage brother, who is blind and autistic, from their apartment building on
10 Nelson Place.
The fire tore through the structure and left them homeless. Maplewood Fire
Chief Michael Dingelstedt said, “When the first engine arrived, there was heavy
fire coming from the rear of the second floor.” Maplewood police officers helped
my brother, who is 17, out of the building from the second-floor apartment.
Firefighters and police then removed my mother, who was unconscious, from the
same apartment. She was transported to the hospital and was in the ICU burn
unit and is now recovering. Unfortunately, my family is now homeless and lost
several of their possessions. Some of you may remember my mom for her many
contributions in Maplewood as a lunch aide and crossing guard. Your support is
greatly appreciated. Please keep us in your prayers.
DonationsSee top donations
- Lara Arp
- M G
- Monique Coleman
- Sammantha Minozzi
- Angeline Stephens
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more