House Fire Fund

On Wednesday, August 14th, my boyfriend and I lost all of our belongings as a result of a house fire in our home in Blantyre, Malawi. The fire was caused by an electrical fault. Thankfully, everyone that was in the house (including the dogs) was able to get out in time, with no major injuries. Unfortunately, the fire escalated very quickly and consumed everything that we owned. We've lost all appliances, furniture, clothes, and other items with sentimental value.

For a while now, we put our hearts, time, and money into making this house a beautiful home. However, for those of you who have spent time in Malawi, you know how difficult it is to furnish a house here as furniture shops are very few and extortionate and second hand household items don't come by very often... We're now faced with the challenge of starting all over again. 

We would be eternally grateful for any support. Even the smallest amount counts towards helping us find a new house and rebuilding a home from scratch. 

  • Charlotte Charlot 
    • $50 
    • 50 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 51 mos
  • Slaine Kelly 
    • $50 
    • 51 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $30 
    • 51 mos
  • Rachael Yellin 
    • $100 
    • 51 mos
See all

Organizer

Laura Courbois 
Organizer

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.