Lake Superior Art Glass Covid-19 Relief Fund

As many of you are aware, the Covid-19 pandemic has created quite a disruption for everyone.  We know that local businesses are the heart and soul of many communities and we are all facing a financial crisis.  Social distancing and government-mandated shutdowns that are greatly affecting smaller businesses that need foot traffic to survive. Foot traffic is important to our business model as 30% of our income is generated through glass blowing classes in our studios, and the remaining 70% is brought in from our in-store glass gallery where we feature over 60 artists from across the country.  This not only affects our resident artists but also all the staff and the outside artists we help to support. 

Therefore, we must humbly ask for your support. We know what a difficult and uncertain time this is for everyone, and we understand that there are many individuals and organizations in need. If you’re in a position to support us, we would be extremely grateful to receive that help.  Any donation to this campaign or purchasing a few items through our website  will contribute to the cash resources we need to support our capital expenses (Rent, utilities, ext), to take care of our staff, and to create some financial stability to take us into the near future.   

The goal of this campaign is to raise at least $500 for our company. Go Fund Me and other business partners have started a campaign to give a matching grant of $500 to any approved small business that can raise $500 in donations to their own campaign. We have signed up for this grant and need your help to reach the $500 donation requirement.   #SmallBusinessRelief  

Our staff and customers have such an amazing time in our classes as seen below in the photos: 
47565328_1587510080315661_r.jpegFlamework Class

47565328_1587510173822247_r.jpegHot Shop Class

Lake Superior Art Glass (LSAG) is faced with formidable challenges at present: our glass art studio and gallery has been closed to the public since March 21, 2020, and must remain closed until the State of MN Stay Safe at Home order is lifted.  Also, many of our art shows have been canceled.

With little to no way to generate income, our cash reserves are quickly dwindling, with bills coming due and with a primary commitment to keep our finances at a level where we can reopen without having to permanently lay off any of our amazing and fun staff.  Who, as you can see from a few of our staff events, love to have fun and we miss everyone so much!


We want to reassure you that we’re doing everything in our power to keep LSAG intact, and to position our company to play a vital role in what is, for now, a very uncertain future. We know how much we’re all going to need this place again. This home away from home where we can find each other once more, in person, and in the art that so many people love to create.

We’re exploring every means of possible support, including federal and local grants and loans, but these funds are not guaranteed to come in, and they won’t meet our short-term needs.

Be sure to tune in to our Fireside Chat Demonstrations on Facebook every weekday at 10am. Dan does a live Facebook video about how to make different glass artwork during these Fireside Chats.   Don't have Facebook?  You can also view our videos on YouTube.  LSAG YouTube  

We welcome you to check out our Facebook page  and our website to follow and support our efforts to stay connected with you. 

47565328_1587509830262272_r.jpegWave Tumblers and Stemless Wine Goblets that we make in our Hot Shop. 

We thank you again for taking the time to engage with us, and hopefully donate in some way to help our immediate future.  Please remember the small businesses in your communities and support them with purchases or donations whenever possible. We all need to come together and support one another.  

47565328_1587509631955601_r.jpegDan and Caitlin Neff (owners) with newborn Cedar Neff (Dec 2019 - Duluth Winter Village)

Thank you and we miss you all. We cannot wait for the day we can welcome our guests and staff back into our gallery and studio again. 

With humble thanks,
Dan and Caitlin Neff

Lake Superior Art Glass
Instagram    Website    Facebook    YouTube 

Your gifts are voluntary and not tax deductible for federal tax purposes



 See top
    • $500 
    • 10 mos
  • Cynthia Johns-Giesen 
    • $100 
    • 10 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 11 mos
  • Debbie Hall 
    • $25 
    • 11 mos
  • Marilyn Nelson 
    • $25 
    • 11 mos
See all


Dan Neff 
Duluth, MN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more