Long Time Sun Yoga Project's mission is three-fold:
1. We provide yoga, mindfulness, and meditation to underserved and in-need populations
2. We provide funding for these populations through outside events and product sales.
3. We partner with like-minded nonprofits and create content with intention of inspiring yoga teachers to be of service.
In 2019 the Long Time Sun Yoga Project is hitting the road.
I’ll be spending 1 month in 12 different cities across the United States, volunteer teaching at rehabs, jails, eating disorder treatment facilities, and any other underserved and in-need populations. I'll be connecting with other non-profits already doing this awesome work and having some live conversations with the founders. The goal is to spread the word about their work, and hopefully inspire you at home.
What I'm asking for is two-fold:
1. What are your connections. Who do you know? Where can I be of service? Where can I stay? Where should I eat? Check out my tour dates - maybe you want to collaborate on a fundraising event at your studio. I’m super excited and grateful for your ideas and connections.
2. The great thing about this tour is that every time you purchase from Long Time Sun Apparel you are indirectly supporting Long Time Sun Yoga Project's initiative across the country. With a mobile business platform, I’m able to cover all of my living expenses on the tour. If you feel compelled to donate - this will help grow the project. I have broken down on the Go Fund Me Page a dream list of where I’d like to go with the project. Check it out, if it inspires, and you want to support the project - I’d be greateful for your dontations. If we raise extra money - that’s all going to go directly to the populations we serve and the non-profits we connect with.
What I'll be covering: My daily living expenses, Food, Rent for a 1 bedroom Pet Friendly Airbnb in each location.
What I'd love to include if the funding were available:
Website Fees: $216
Social Media & Marketing Help for Outreach: $200/month = $2400
Video + Photography - Video and Photography work can make a lasting impact and get more people involved to help. I would really love to include this in the project. One small video project in each city would be AWESOME. $6,000 for the year
Product Development - I'm working on developing some new products to raise money and awareness to in-need populations. This takes time and money to create. I've designated a monthly budget for this initiative. $4000 for the year
Work Live Program - I would love to incorporate a work/live program where you can come live with me for a short amount of time during the year in any city, in exchange for help with the project. This would entail just getting a larger Airbnb space. From my research an extra $500/month would make this possible. $6,000
Long Time Sun Van - This is a pretty big expense and Long Time Sun (the online business) will most likely cover this, as we need one for the big festivals anyway. Would be great to get a bigger, more reliable ride for the year. $5,000
Any extra funds we raise and don't use will go directly to the populations we serve.
January - Austin, TX
February - Denver, CO
March - Portland, OR
April - San Francsico, CA
May - Los Angeles, CA
June - Santa Fe, NM
July - Chicago, IL
August - Portland, ME
September - New York, NY
October - Nashville, TN
November - Asheville, NC
December - St. Petersburg, FL
Small Business Sponsorship Opportunities
$100 for the year : gets a link to your business on the Long Time Sun Yoga Project website as an official sponsor, and a personalized social media shoutout with a link to your business.
$250 for the year: gets a link to your business on the Long Time Sun Yoga Project website, a personalized social media shoutout with your link, an ad in our Long Time Sun newsletter.
$500 for the year : gets a link to your business on the Long Time Sun Yoga Project website, social media shoutout with your link, an ad in our Long Time Sun newsletter, and flyer/business card distribution across the 12 states we visit and festivals we set up at.
Please contact Kyla directly for higher level sponsorship opportunities [email redacted]
DonationsSee top donations
- Melissa Lefebvre
- Bethany Lopes
- Meg Bartlett
- Kerstin Zettmar
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more