There are a few really practical ways we can reach out and help this family, they are outlined below.
Financial Relief to cover living expenses
- As you may expect there are insurances available to supplement income during this period but as we all know this is only a portion of a regular income with waiting periods for payments to begin.
- Most of Garry’s treatment will take place in Vancouver. They will be back and forth for appointments and even be living there short term when he has his surgery. Depending on the course of action taken with his treatment it could be anywhere from 3-6 months.
- Not all of the medication required is covered by Garry’s medical plan.
Kids Clothes (they have specific needs in this category) **Thanks to your generosity the Lokstet are all set for snow clothes!**
- Coming into the winter season they are currently in need of and sz 12 Girls pants. Boys sz10-12 Snowpants & Jacket, Boys sz 5-6 snow pants
A Fridge **Update: Thanks to your generosity the Lokstets have a fridge!**
- When it rains it pours...am I right? Their fridge has just kicked the bucket, and as you can imagine are unable to replace it, if you have a spare fridge in your garage, or have a lead on a miraculous deal please let us know!
- Gift certificates to local grocery stores would be greatly appreciated to help with the cost of groceries.
- We have started a meal train to help out with the meals portion of this. For now it would be great if they could have someone check in once a week with a meal, this will be more important as the surgery & recovery time draws near. It is important to note that their is a dairy allergy in the family so please bring dairy free meals. Please use the meal train website to participate and help in this way to avoid scheduling catastrophes. Here is a website with some inspiration in this department: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/category/dairy-free/
- Meal train link https://mealtrain.com/gld8zl
- We all know the power of prayer and so we are asking for provision, wisdom, and of course healing!
DonationsSee top donations
- Young at Heart Seniors Gateway City Church
- mairon mcintosh
- Heidi Deans
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more