Leslie has been severely injured and needs our help.
Leslie is about helping people and supporting the city of Saratoga, her hometown. She's a graduate of Saratoga High School, a Board member of the Saratoga Chamber of Commerce, an Affilate Member of the Silicon Valley Association of Realtors, a parishioner at St Andrews Espicopal Church, Saratoga, and a member of the International Order of Oddfellows (IOOF) on Oak Street in Saratoga. She is always the first to volunteer to help others, or to help with charities and fundraising events. Now Leslie needs our help. Please let’s all help by paying it forward to Leslie.
On July 31st Leslie was getting ready to eat breakfast on her patio when she tripped over a door jam and fell. After she fell, she said, "I knew I had broken my leg." She yelled out, and her upstairs neighbors responded, and called 911.
Since she has undergone 2 surgeries in her thigh, knee, and ankle areas to stabilize multiple fractures of the femur and tibia, she now needs Physical Therapy for at least 4 weeks at a rehabilitation facility and continued Physical Therapy on an outpatient basis. She will also require home care. The doctors have told her it will be 6 to 8 months before she can put weight on her foot.
Please support Leslie so she can receive the care she needs:
* Her insurance plan has high "share of costs", deductibles and co-pays.
* Out of pocket expenses including emergency, hospitalization, physical therapy, and
in-home care will likely exceed $20,000
* 24 x 7 in-home health care will be a major expense.
* Being self-employed, she’s not eligible for state disability.
* She’s unable to work and her living expenses continue.
* It will be several months until she can return to her business full time.