Back in November of 2016 my mom started to come down with an illness, she went to Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center and all they told her was that she had a respiratory infection (bronchitis, laryngitis, and etc) and they sent her home. A month or so later she went to Urgent Care here in Cambridge and all they told her was she had asthmatic bronchitis and sent her home on an inhaler and some other medicine. She still wasn't getting better. She then went to our family doctor and they told her she had trachyitis, but they also wanted to get a chest x-ray. When the chest x-ray came back it showed an infiltrate in her lung. When they discovered the infultrate they scheduled a bronchoscopy. Nothing came of the bronchoscopy, which then she was referred to a Cardiothoracic surgeon. The surgeon then wanted to schedule a wedge biopsy. While waiting for her surgery date the weekend before Easter she was having trouble breathing and went to the emergency room at Genesis Hospital. She was admitted into the hospital due to being diagnosed with blood clots in the lungs (bilateral pulmonary embolisms). She spent a week in the hospital on a mixture of medications along with blood thinners. After spending a week in the hospital she got to come home. After a few days she followed up with her Cardiothoracic surgeon about what happen while he was away on vacation. Because of the blood clots the wedge biopsy got cancelled and they scheduled a surgery to place an IVC filter to stop blood clots from making it to her lungs or brain. Before they scheduled the surgery for the filter the doctor noticed she had inflamed sternal lymph nodes. After they placed the filter they scheduled another surgery to have the lymph node biopsied to see what was going on. On Friday, May 12th, 2017 my mom was diagnosed with Non-small cell adenocarcinoma, which is the less aggressive kind. We followed up with the Oncologists on Monday May 15th, to find out that she was at least stage 3. She is scheduled for a Petscan and and MRI of the brain to see if the Cancer has spread. If it hasn't spread throuhout the body she will still be a stage 3, but if it has spread she will be a stage 4. We find out Wednesday the 17th for sure what stage she is. Either stage she will have to start chemotherapy treatments or other cancer treatments depending on the full diagnosis. While she has been battling this sickness, although she has a job and has insurance she still has bills that the insurance would not cover. I wouldn't normally do something like this because I feel as if I am begging for money, but it's my mother. She raised 3 kids always on a lower income and she always made sure we had everything we needed. As you who have had loved ones with an illness know the stress it takes on the person themselves and their family. I want to make sure my mom is secure and stress free on having to worry about all the hospital bills and other medical expenses taking place. I know the number is high and I don't expect to make this much but medical bills after they rack up can be quite stressful. I am not asking for you to donate a bunch, a little bit can go a far way. I don't want you to see me as begging, but I'd do absolutely anything to help my mom in anyway I could possibly do so.